Older people don’t have a grasp on the latest technology. These funny technology fails are proof. It’s not their fault. They were born before the world was even in color. They went through life seeing everything in black and white. That’s what old TV and movies taught me.
But now, like it or not, your parents have smartphones. No, they shouldn’t be trusted with technology that is capable of launching a space shuttle. Lucky for us, though, they have no idea how to use anything.
That’s good news. The other good news is that it’s funny to see how hard they tried to make technology work for them.
Here are some hilariously bad technology fails made by our parents and grandparents:
1. “Mom tries to send me a pic of grandma’s diapers so I can get some at the store. Somehow “the phone doesn’t let me send pictures!” Two hours later I realize she made it her profile picture. Still hasn’t noticed it.”
2. “My dad doesn’t know how to turn off this front camera heart feature on his phone and he tried to send me a pic of his new stove.”
3. My dad got a new phone and doesn’t have a case yet. He kept it in the box.
4. This Dad is reading through the camera app so he “could know what it’s like to have a Kindle.”
5. Not the best place to put a candle, Mom.
6. Grandma thought the iPad was a cutting board.
7. Man brought malfunctioning Apple computer with this still on it.
8. “Some Karen raged into the apple store and asked for a refund for her iPhone 5. I didn’t listen to the convo but when I walked past I heard the manager asked her if she charged it, she said no.”
9. “User had a heater next to the PC which was randomly shutting off and she thought she had smelled burning a couple of times. It is literally screaming.”
10. I put the paper into the printer. I don’t understand.
11. Mom hasn’t figured out how to zoom.
12. “Spent 10 minutes looking for the drip tray for the Forman grill, after I turned it on.”
13. “My mom didn’t know how to take a screenshot so she improvised with the scanner…”
14. Do not use window cleaner on your screens.
15. Not sure what part of this is sadder, the gross phone or the wasted candy.