We all put our feet in our mouths from time to time. Not all of us, however, have embarrassed ourselves so thoroughly as the following people did. From not knowing celebrities to trying to explain the plot of a TV show to the show’s creator, these people take the cake for the most cringeworthy moments on the internet.
Look alive out there. You never know when you’re going to cite a source written by the person you’re talking to. The great thing about being a comedian is that the second you tell someone you’re a comedian, the person will tell you how to do comedy. It’s great. I wonder how many surgeons explain a procedure to their patients and get to here “I tried surgery once in college, but it wasn’t for me. I did a great job though.” One day, I’ll be famous and someone will say something back to me that I myself said on a podcast.
Living for that day is all I have.
Here are the funniest and saddest moments where people tried to explain something without knowing who they were talking to:
1. Explaining to the creator of a TV show what the show is about.
2. A great moment in work in work history.
3. Explaining BitTorrent to the guy who made it.
4. Tony Hawk looks a lot like Tony Hawk.
5. Bro, it’s literally my job.
6. When you don’t know your role here.
7. “So am I.”
8. The irony is that he never watched him play though. Just practice.
9. “No idea who this is.”
11. Who knows better?
12. Think before you comment. He’s a master gardner.
13. But do you agree?
14. Who are you to say that? The bassist? Oh.
15. Sir, it’s a whole career.
16. Cite your sources!
17. She’s not assuming.
h/t Reddit: r/dontyouknowwhoiam