As with most art, timing is everything. That, and perspective.
Thankfully, there’s an entire Reddit page devoted to sharing the silly, strange, and spellbinding photos that require the viewer to look at a few times before they figure out what’s happening in them.
Each of these photos is like an Escher painting. You’re left confused, aroused (intellectually), and then finally satisfied when you figure out what you’re looking at.
Here are the most interesting photos from a confusing perspective:
1. Shy chair leg.
2. A cute cat.
3. smol head
4. Massive explosion outside my window
5. Making an exercise video; talent is so well lit in the gym that in the reflection behind us it looks like she’s stretching in the parking lot.
6. There is no hole.
7. T-Rex arms.
8. Hand looks like it’s coming out of her chest.
9. Though he usually keeps it hidden, Paul Hollywood actually has a tiny, backwards hand.
10. A powerful vodkamancer performing mystical rituals.
11. A little disk in the ground covered in dirt.
12. Found on Tinder. Muppet woman?
13. I mistook its nostrils for eyes and its teeth for a nose! (Photo credit to u/spike-tail-turtle)
14. Picasso Cubism in Photography
15. Horned Cat
17. Took a picture of a pizza and notice my cat looked 2D.
19. Levitating brownie.
20. They are not holding a wine glass.
21. Fourteen shades of sheep.
22. Is she being held up by her foot or hair?
23. floating head with antenna.
25. Noah doing handstand naked.
26. School basement hallway.
27. Fridge for sale.
28. Looks like a tiny man next to four people.
h/t Reddit: r/ConfusingPerspective