16. Robin Williams wanted to play Hagrid but didn’t get the part. Can you imagine?
17. Russell Crowe turned down the role of Aragorn, a role that would have paid $100 million for Crowe. Viggo Mortensen eventually booked the part.
18. Emilia Clark turned down the role Dakota Johnson played in Fifty Shades of Grey and I have a lot of feelings about this choice.
19. Jim Carrey, Tom Cruise, and Robert Downey Jr. were all considered for the role of Edward Scissorhands before Johnny Depp got the gig.
20. Britney Spears auditioned for The Notebook. The role went to Rachel McAdams.
21. Jennifer Lawrence auditioned for Twilight but Kristen Stewart got the role.
22. Henry Cavill (AKA Superman) was offered the role Robert Pattinson played in Twilight.
23. Matthew McConaughey tried for the role of Jack in Titanic, but some still-unknown actor booked the role – JK, Leo got it.
24. Speaking of Titanic, Gwyneth Paltrow turned down the role that eventually went to Kate Winslet.
25. Ryan Gosling and Joaquin Phoenix were originally considered for the role of Dr. Strange. Benedict Cumberbatch eventually got the role, but not before concept art for the film was created featuring Gosling as a stand-in.
26. Tim Roth turned down the role of Snape, and thank God he did. The role belongs to Alan Rickman. RIP.
27. Tom Cruise was supposed to play Iron Man. He is rumored to be the replacement Iron Man in Doctor Strange 2.
28. Hoo-ahh! Al Pacino would have made an intense Han Solo but he turned down the role and Harrison Ford took over.
29. Better Middler turned down Whoopi’s role in Sister Act.
30. Eddie Redmayne auditioned for Guardians of the Galaxy but he’s too damn pretty. It went to Chris Pratt.