Zillow is where I go when I want to feel jealous of homeowners. Luckily, I can’t spiral too far before landing on the weirdest, dumbest, most-overpriced piece of property on the market. That’s because I don’t actually look at Zillow anymore. I look at @zillowgonewild.
If you’re looking for a house, there are some steps you have to take. First, know your budget. Second, disregard your budget and look at extremely lavish homes in Lake Forest, Illinois just to see where you could live if you’d chosen a completely different life. Third, check to see how much your landlord paid for the property you’re currently renting. Fourth, die in obscurity. Fifth, enjoy a room in Hell that’s slightly larger than the one you rent now. Not bad.
The Instagram account @zillowgonewild puts everything in perspective. Frankly, if this is how rich people are living, then I don’t want to be rich. I do, however, want to AirBnB some of these homes for a week.
Here are the best Zillow listings ever discovered by @zillowgonewild:
1. A home in the UK that sold for $400k. The interior design is… consistent?
2. A special surprise is waiting for you in the fourth photo. $500,000.
3. I would like to live near Chicago, but I need to raise $2.3 million to live the way I want to live.
4. It only costs $5.9 million to live in a hotel that’s just for you.
5. $715,000 but that includes a special little buddy, I think.