Liars deserve to be called out. What’s their endgame? Especially on the Internet, it seems to be racking up digital points for something that is a bald-faced lie. Why? What do you actually gain? A day of your phone lighting up because you shared a fake story. Frankly, it’s better to say something extremely offensive and become famous for that. At least it’s honest.
Thankfully, people on Reddit are compiling the most cringeworthy moments in internet history. This time, all the moments when someone was called out on their B.S. A quick Google search would have saved some of these liars from embarrassment. Alas, they did not do any research.
Enjoy people being called out online by others for their blatant lies:
1. No, you didn’t.
2. No one knows this person’s Reddit account.
3. Actually, that’s not the one.
4. “No one remembers that.”
5. This person’s boyfriend tried to rob the store.
6. Check your facts, Sir.
7. Stolen valor.
8. This person checked the math.
9. The customer is not always right.
10. Still, a nice-looking dog.
11. A few holes in this story.
12. No such thing.
13. When you definitely understand vaccines.
14. I saw a lot of people shopping at home, though.