The Germans, of course, have a word for feeling awkward on behalf of another person. The word is Fremdschämen. Much like schadenfreude, “fremdschämen” is all about something bad happening to other people. The simple pleasures in life are the most important. Laughing at other people’s pain is one of those pleasures.
Here are people who said and did something so awkward in 2020, they had to share it with the world:
1. What’s the opposite of kind?
2. Won’t someone think of the children?
3. Well, someone’s gotta do it.
4. She knows what she did.
5. When cops dunk on you, rethink everything.
6. It’s all fun and games until this happens.
7. Quality content.
8. If only there was a star you could grab that made you immune to embarrassment.
9. Living his best life.
10. Very sweet and very embarrassing.
11. Mean, but funny.
12. Best to say nothing.
13. Love in an elevator.
14. Same thing, different day.
15. We want to invade your privacy, not your pants.