If at first, you don’t succeed, hire a professional to do it. Honestly, that’s the best advice I have. Apply it to nearly anything. It’s called delegating. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched (half) a YouTube video about fixing a sink, only to make my sink worse. And I live in an apartment building. With a super. In all seriousness, don’t try any of the following at home. These funny DIY photos prove that necessity isn’t always the mother of invention. Sometimes, it’s about doing something dumb with what you have just because you can. Often, you fail. Other times, you absolutely nail it.
Conversely, I’m proud of my country today. We prove time and again that there’s no limit to what we can accomplish as long as we’re willing to publicly embarrass ourselves. The Reddit board r/redneckengineering shows the dangerous and funny side of DIY projects. You won’t find a mailbox made out of a Harley on Etsy. Frankly, I’m afraid there will be too much demand once people see the photo.
Enjoy these funny DIY photos that you probably should not try yourself:
1. Build a better birdhouse and the world will beat a path to your door.
2. Want to extend a cable? Might I suggest buying a new one?
3. Looks like a super secure mailbox that also bakes the packages.
4. This one is going to be a bestseller on redneck Etsy.
5. It’s a mobile home now.
6. The AC unit…
7. Who’s ready to hoop?
8. Why get a cooler when the bag works just fine?
9. Smokestack Lightnin’!
10. How else are you going to get the trampoline home?
11. Might want to tie those up at least.
12. A bag is a bag.
13. Redneck Rosebud.
14. When you want the Chevy status but can only afford a Dodge.
15. “We’re moving!”