What is a “humblebrag” you ask? Well, if you have to ask, you’re not as cool as me, a guy who spends all his free time on the internet. Wait, was that a self-own? Unfortunately, yes. Humblebragging is when someone (usually a rich or famous person) tries to sound self-deprecating while posting something on the internet that is, in fact, the opposite. Instead, they’re being self-aggrandizing (bragging) while trying to make it sound like it’s no big deal (humble). Now, you know.
What’s even more fun than rolling your eyes at someone bragging? Seeing someone else roast the person for you. Thankfully, the internet is here for us, and already taking up the cause of bashing humblebraggers. If they weren’t directly addressed by someone in a message, their original braggy posts were thrown up on Reddit for all to see.
Here are the funniest and saddest examples of people posting humblebrags, thinking no one would notice:
2. We all know how families love to throw their own under the bus.
3. My kid is a genius.
4. What’s Facebook for, then?
5. Hate to get ribbed for having so much money.
6. Are you a professional photographer? You’re nailing it.
7. Hold on, let me tell all my friends to rob me next time they see me.
8. Being popular is so hard!
9. Try… 10! Suckers!!
10. “I wish I could live up to my own standards.”
11. A lot of prose here when you could have said “I’m very insecure about a lot.”
12. Dang, sucks to be you.
13. Must be tough to have the best eyes in the business.
14. My mom is ugly as heck, but I’m hot. Thanks, mom!
15. This is truly a sad thing to say publicly.