Reading on the subway is sacred. No, it’s not a library, but there’s so much you have to ignore to survive your commute, and I find having a good book to pass the time is essential. Some reading choices, however, are better than others. Rick McGuire, the creator of Subway Creatures, compiled a set of photos of the strange literature people read in public. I can’t look away.
Here are the most bizarre book titles commuters were caught reading on the subway:
1. She’s either nailing it or completely missing the point.
2. If you can’t find a seat, I bet this guy has some space on his lap for you.
3. That’s almost how you do it. I can’t read while listening to music though.
4. The first step is admitting you have a problem finding it.
5. I usually feed them a sly pickup line, you know? LOL. They do not respond.
6. I want to be your…
7. I know one Mediterranean spot that’s getting a 1-star review.
8. A good question I think about on the commute without seeing this book.
9. I’m uncomfortable with this cover.
10. It’s going to take more than 30 to pull one over on me.
11. I can’t tell if this is a progressive book or a racist one.
12. Happy to see that George Carlin is making people clutch their pearls from beyond the grave.
13. Lesson one: stop referring to them as “targets”
14. Well, you have your t-shirt tucked into your pants, so you’re already acting like a dad.
15. Good work taking the jacket cover off. No one will notice.